Monday, May 22, 2006

Rockford, Camping, and Beyond

I've been busy lately let me tell you. And I am...going to tell you...because this is where I talk about my life and you all feign interest right?

Last friday I went back to Rockford for Mother's Day weekend. I hung out with my sister julie Friday night. We went to dinner at Mary's Market because our usual spot, Fazzoli's like just decided to stop existing. What's the deal...anyone know? They seemed to have pulled out of Rockford or did they go out of business nationwide? Then we went to see a certain someone & Starlight Radio play a concert at Meg's Daily Grind on Alpine. This was so awesome. The certain someone was really good and Starlight Radio had to play with a stripped down sound since the space was limited and it sounded all really excellent. Nothing like coffee and chill music.

Saturday Julie and I went Mother's Day gift/card shopping in the morning, marcus ditched me in the afternoon (Holly, I'm calling you from now on), and I went to dinner with the 'rents and the grand'rents in the evening.

Sunday was brunch at Forest Hills and then I ran for the hills of Minnesota to go camping with Bristol, & Erik and Claire Johnson. This was a blast. We got lost on the way there...slightly, because Erik was navigating (sorry dood). But we found the Sedan in the middle of Minnesota. More correctly, the town of Sedan. It was in the middle of the night and we went through this totally creepy town that had toasters hanging from trees (I wish I were joking...we took pictures).

Also, Everyone told us the weather would suck but, as if just for us, we never saw rain. We did hear it in the middle of the last night we were camping, but that's it. We day-hiked. We peaked a killer 1352ft...hill & dipped in the freezing lake. We played lots of Crack the Case, an awesome minute mystery game that I love (aaron I know you feel me on this one). We also played Apples to Apples which I had never played before and from that game I would like to pose a question that arose. What's more mysterious...Stone Henge or Pengiuns? Come on. Penguins are like birds but they don't fly, their feathers are all oily and look like suede, they swim under water and survive in some of the coldest places on earth...hasn't anyone seen march of the Penguins?

So this went on from Sunday night till Wednesday morning. Then we took Claire back to the Twin Cities, stopped at a tiny town that had a military tank that we climbed and good ice cream, and camped in Wisconsin Wednesday night right near the House on the Rock. And we went there Thurday morning. I was tickled pink...er something. It was awesome is my point. I love that place. Bristol had never been there and she had even read a story that had scenes that took place there. I love that place...really. I decided it's gotta be the DisneyWorld of the Midwest. If you haven't been there...go there.

Then I had a packed weekend socially because I made it back to Chicago on Friday to find out that my brother, my good friend from college Emily, and my parents were gonna be in Chicago at various times throughout the weekend. I went to dinner with my parents and bro Friday, breakfast with Emily Saturday morning, and the Lincoln Park Zoo with my bro on Saturday afternoon. Then Sunday was church and awesome breakfast food at the Original Pancake House with Bristol and her friend Chelsea.

So yeah, that was all probably totally boring but I gotta do what I gotta do...report stuff.

Hopefully pictures will come soon.

All your comments were very well appreciated and enjoyable to read.

So it looks like Gummi Worms win (although sarah's defense for why gummi worms are better made me rethink gummi bears, she said gummi worms because we all like to eat bugs every now and again, but man how awesome is it to be eating a frickin' bear! It's like you are defying nature). Nimalee, you should expand on your thoughts girl...I wanna know the WHY. Although, you know I totally agree.

Sarah, bacon on hamburgers is totally sweet, your opinion on burgers has been disqualified.

I mean speeding up a hill Sarah...Nick is totally reckless.

General announcement...Viv is Aussie so that's why most of you Americans reading her comments might be confused. Oz is another name for Australia. I don't think I had those lollies while I was in Australia girl...I missed out.

Mike Papes comment rocked so much I have to post it here:
"I'm glad you finally asked. I don't care about BBQ sauce, but ketchup definitely needs to go on hamburgers, and mustard on hot dogs/brats/italians/polish sausages/anything shaped like that. Texans get this wrong all the time. I have come up with a clever rhyme that expresses this rule:
Don't be a rube, use mustard if its shaped like a tube.If it's shaped like a patty, use ketchup, you fatty."

I love it.

in Christ,
jason

N.T.M.Q.
"Girl: So, you've got children?
Guy: No, but I was hoping you could help me with that.
Girl: So, you want me to marry you then?
Guy: It's a bit sudden but alright."

2 Comments:

Blogger CoconutNimz said...

duuuuuude, they're worms and they're gummy...that's just a big bag of awesomeness! no explanation necessary.

2:16 AM  
Blogger Natalija said...

Whoever Samuel is, he speaks the truth. I ditto his points, because I would've said all the same stuff.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home