Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This vs. That

I had myself a nice little wednesday I must say. I went frolfing today (those who aren't down with the lingo, that is frisbee golfing...yes it is exists, there is even a PDGA: Pro Disc Golf Association). I sucked basically. Everything was shanking off to the left which is just a sign that I need to increase the spin I put on the disc among other things. I went with my YE friends Nick, Seth, and Becka. They're fun people.

We then got some stuff together and grilled out. And this is where the "This vs. That" trend began. We got in several discussions about mundane Seinfeldian things. I'd like some votes in the comments section if you would please.

"Bbq vs. Ketchup": when do you apply bbq to a burger and when do you use ketchup. Nick was very adamant that when including bacon on a burger you should go with bbq sauce. I disagreed. Thoughts?

"Speeding up a steep hill is dangerously reckless vs. it's just good fun": I'd like to see someone effectively defend the second position...I know Nick couldn't stand up to me on this one.

"Willow Creek is overally extravagant vs. it's honoring God with it's indoor waterfall and book center": Despite my sarcastic tone I came out nearer to the first position. This wasn't so much an argument either...Nick and I definitely discussed this one with no clear division between us.

"Gummy worms vs. Gummy bears": To end off the evening bristol and I tossed this discussion around. I had some pretty concrete points that gummy worms are better but who knows...let me hear your opinions.

So I'm going to bed now...well, I'm playing some Mario Sunshine and then going to bed.

love you all,
in Christ,
jason

5 Comments:

Blogger CoconutNimz said...

Gummy WORMS!!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ketchup. and who would ruin a hamburger and put gross bacon on it? However, I don't have any problem with people who prefer to mix it up and put bbq on, who says it has to be at certain times?!

YOU ARE FREE, WORLD, TO PUT BBQ ON A HAMBURGER WHENEVER YOU WANT!!

uhh...the second one I don't really get unless you mean speeding DOWN a hill, in which I would say depending on the hill and your mode of transportation (bike maybe?), I have to go with Nick on this one. If you are talking about "up" and in a car, I'm with you. that's just crazy talk.

I think you know where I would stand with the whole Willow Creek thing.

Gummy worms cause...well they look like worms, and we all like to eat a few bugs now and again. Right?

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and I am very jealous you all got to hang out. I can't wait for the day I get to be included in things like that!

...does that sound too much like whining?

*sigh*

4:04 PM  
Blogger viv said...

whatever sauce you want on whatever you want, whenever you want, me, I'm a tomato sauce girl -on selected foods only.
The second one I found a lil iffy...
Willow Creek....that's a cheap brand of chocolate in Oz - tastes like crap - but I'm pretty sure you're refering to some other Willow Creek...
Gummi Worms if they're sour ones, and if not...well,um no matter! Natural Confectionary Lollies ALL the way...!!!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Mike Pape said...

Jason,

I'm glad you finally asked. I don't care about BBQ sauce, but ketchup definitely needs to go on hamburgers, and mustard on hot dogs/brats/italians/polish sausages/anything shaped like that. Texans get this wrong all the time. I have come up with a clever rhyme that expresses this rule:

Don't be a rube, use mustard if its shaped like a tube.
If it's shaped like a patty, use ketchup, you fatty.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home