Monday, May 08, 2006

Craziness Completed

Okay, so I promised an actual update in my last post so here goes. [deep breath].

I'm a grad student at University of Illinois at Chicago working on my masters in Computer Science with a total focus on computer graphics. You can see some stuff I've been doing here: http://www2.uic.edu/~jgorsk2.

The semester is finally over! I had a crazy finals...fortnight...and then I flew immediately too California to attend my x-college-blind-roommate Sam's wedding. It was awesome. I love that guy so much. Him and Kristine are totally right for each other too. I had a fantastic time meeting new people, and chilling with old friends from college. Shout out to Nimalee, Maria, and Ester, and any other rockin family members and friends I met. And of course hanging out with the hawkeye alum was so fun.

I flew into Burbank on thursday and got picked up by Sam's parents. Then I met like a ton of his extended, very puerto-rican, family. I was the only friend there at this point. I met his aunts Ester and Maria-Alaina and really enjoyed chatting with them. We went to a terrible chinese buffet where sam proceeded to eat pretty much the grossest things there.

Anyways, I was pretty tired the whole time because I was running on the least amount of sleep I can remember sustaining for a week. But we hung out all through till sunday. The wedding was on saturday.

So, I volunteered to sorta shuffle people around all weekend in Kristine's car and let me tell you, I'm usually really good with directions, but it was a no-go this past weekend. I got lost picking people up from the train station...got lost coming back from LAX after dropping people off sunday morning...and worst of all, Kristine's car ran out of gas on the way to the wedding. Me and the people I was driving missed the first 20min while I ran in my suit to the nearest gas station and back. Terrible.

Well, I'm back in chicago now...i will try and post pictures soon. Take luck.

in Christ,
jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home